PEABODY -- Today, Rep. Leah Cole (R-Peabody) announced her intention to resign her seat in the Massachusetts House of Representatives, effective September 28 - one week from today. Rep. Cole is resigning to focus on her nursing career. Having achieved a perfect attendance record for votes in the House, Rep. Cole is resigning to ensure the people of her district continue to have strong, undivided attention and representation in the future.
“As many people know, prior to being elected to the House of Representatives, I was working as a nurse full-time and continued to work as a nurse part-time after being elected. I decided to get involved in public service because I wanted to contribute to our state policies and invoke positive changes, but I never intended for politics to be a life-long career,” said Rep. Leah Cole.
Cole continued, “It has come to a point where I can no longer continue to be the State Representative, as well as pursue my passion of nursing. Though I am deeply grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve, given to me by the people of Peabody, I have come to the difficult decision to focus on my nursing career. It has been an honor to represent the people of Peabody for these past two years, and I have loved working in the Legislature to deliver on priorities for our district.”
Leah Cole, State Representative
Right on jobs
• Voted against last year's ill-fated tech tax which would have crippled the technology sector in Massachusetts, then met with business owners and chambers of commerce to work towards its successful repeal 90 days later.
• Endorsed by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
• Increases in taxes, fees and regulations can severely impact the often thin profit margin of small businesses. We need to help these job creators by getting government off their backs.
right on taxes
• Understands that higher taxes and fees most directly and negatively impact middle class families and the working poor.
• Our state does not have a revenue problem-we have a spending problem! The state budget has increased by A BILLION dollars every year for the past 8 years, and taxes and fees are too often raised, even when departments like the Registry of Motor Vehicles rakes in $600 millions dollars per year- 6 times it's operating cost!
• Worked tirelessly to help collect over 120,000 signatures needed to get a ballot question to remove the link to inflation placed on the gas tax, so your gas tax won't go up every year without a vote.
• "I have kept my promise to fight against tax increases. I am opposed to bailing out Beacon Hill's waste and mismanagement of our tax dollars" -Rep. Leah Cole
Please consider contributing to the Campaign to Re-elect Leah Cole. If you would like to mail a contribution, it can be sent to:
Committee to Elect Leah Cole
369 Lynnfield Street
Peabody, MA 01960
The contribution limit is $500 per person, and corporate contributions are not allowed.
leah cole: right for peabody!
"My generation, along with future generations, will be unable to participate in the American Dream unless we get involved in the political process. Our current leaders continually increase our debt and steal our liberties."